I have some experience with using audio for learning however, I would like to learn more and hopefully use it with my future classes.

For an assignment last semester in EPHE 310, we needed to explain our lesson plans that we had created while also showing the lesson plan on screen. In order to do this, I began a zoom with just myself in it, shared my screen with the lesson plan on it, and then recorded the zoom call. After this, I put the recording into a video editing software called Filmora9 in order to touch up the sound. I bought a subscription to this software in April 2020 because I found that I had needed to edit some videos that year for various projects. I also had an idea for a compilation video that featured videos of my friend group from UVic and I needed to buy a subscription to the software in order to get rid of the watermark. I figured that I’ll probably use it in the future so I bought a lifetime subscription and gladly, I have used it since buying it so I do not regret my decision.

After transitioning to online learning for the end of the second semester last year, I remember that my math professor had decided that she would rather finish off the year with asynchronous meetings as opposed to our usual 8:30 am synchronous meetings. Because she was now posting videos for us to watch at any time, she now also had to do a similar thing that I did in my EPHE 310 lesson plan and post a video of the notes, along with a recording of her explaining them to accompany the video. I really liked this way of teaching us because I was able to pause the video or rewind in case I didn’t understand something, or in case she was going too fast. Then, if I needed extra clarification, her office hours were still open for questions.