I find that beginning to learn a song is always the most difficult part of the process. When I first started to learn “Unruly Heart”, I found myself trying some of the chords for the first time and immediately feeling discouraged since holding my fingers in the correct spots felt kind of uncomfortable. Immediately I started to think “oh no! I’ve committed to a song that’s too difficult so this is going to be way harder than I anticipated!” I was barely 10 minutes into learning the song and I was already stressing out. I tried a bit more and started to sing along with it but that’s when I realized that this key was also way too high for my singing range. I then noticed, at the bottom of my screen, the transpose button!

So I transposed the song into a lower key that I had an easier time singing with. I then tried to play the new chords and noticed I was having an even more difficult time with these chords than the last ones! So I decided to play around with the transpose button a bit more until I settled with a key that I had an easier time playing but it wasn’t quite the ideal key for me to sing in. The key that I’m playing in is a little high for me to sing in but I am going to ask my singing teacher if she can help me feel more comfortable with singing the higher parts if the song.